Tutoring Session 07/16/2026 (Anna & Fadia)

 Date/Time: Thursday, July 16th, 4:20-5:35pm

Location: Zoom  

Topic/Skill: Grammar- Present Perfect Continuous Verb Tense


Feedback provided to the tutee:  During the tutoring session, I began with a review of the verb tense we learned during our last grammar session (Past Perfect Tense), and asked my tutee questions requiring her to recall her knowledge of the previously discussed verb tense giving her direct correction and explaining why/if she had errors with her use of the past perfect tense, or if she had errors in any other area such as pronunciation or sentence structure. Then we reviewed the present perfect continuous verb tense using PowerPoint slides and completed a short activity on using contractions to shorten phrases in the present perfect continuous tense. During this activity, I corrected my tutee's use of contractions and offered feedback on how to shorten a phrase by combining contractions. My tutee and I then completed a present perfect continuous activity where she told me the answers, and I would type them out. This was an ideal way to correct my tutee's pronunciation as well as their grammar in use. 

Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: During this tutoring lesson, I learned that it can be a very advantageous structure to have the tutee, especially if conducting tutoring sessions online, verbally give answers while the instructor simply types exactly what the tutee says, whether it is right or wrong. I found this to be a very effective way to correct common pronunciation errors and encourage my tutee to identify their own errors. Typing out the answers given by my tutee seemed to call more attention to the accuracy of the answer she was giving, as she had to first say the answer, then read the answer given, then repeat the sentence again correctly if necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutoring Session 06/30/26 (Anna & Fadia)

Tutoring Session 05/12/26 (Anna & Fadia)

Tutoring Session 05/21/26 (Anna & Fadia)