Tutoring Session 06/04/26 (Anna & Fadia)

 Date/Time: Thursday, June 4th, 2:00-3:15

Location: FSU Student Union

Topic/Skill: Modal Verbs, "Taboo" card game


Feedback provided to the tutee: During this session, I utilized a game frequently played by native English speakers in which one player picks from a deck of cards; each card has a term with "forbidden" words written underneath it. The player who chooses a card must get the other player(s) to say the target term without using any of the "forbidden" words. This created a casual environment in which I was able to encourage my tutee to self-correct by conveying confused gestures. I focused on giving feedback on my tutee's use of modal verbs as that is what we focused on in the most previous tutoring session.


Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: During this tutoring session, I learned the advantage of pairing a more academic session earlier in the week with a more casual lesson later in the week that incorporates what was previously learned. This gives the student an optimal chance to practice recalling what they previously learned and use it in more realistic situations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutoring Session 06/30/26 (Anna & Fadia)

Tutoring Session 05/12/26 (Anna & Fadia)

Tutoring Session 05/21/26 (Anna & Fadia)