Tutoring Session 07/31/26- Anna & Fadia
Date/Time: Friday, July 31st, 12:00-12:45 PM
Location: Zoom
Topic/Skill: Grammar- Future Perfect vs Future Continuous, Video clip from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" movie
Feedback provided to the tutee: During this session, I provided feedback by telling my tutee that she may need to revisit the grammar structure if she was not moving in the right direction to answer one of the activity's questions correctly. If she was unable to self-correct, I went back to the PowerPoint presentation to reinforce the proper grammar structure and use until she understood her error and how to correctly use the verb tense in real time in the future.
Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: During this tutoring session, I learned the importance of always including a vocabulary list paired with any video clips you plan on sharing to an ESL student. I showed my tutee a video clip from the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and I did not watch it critically enough, so I did not realize the necessity to create a vocabulary list of the low frequency words included in the video. I was able to explain the vocabulary terms when questions arose from my tutee. However, it would have been significantly more useful to have a detailed, comprehensive vocabulary list made beforehand.
Comments
Post a Comment