Tutoring Session 08/11/26 (Anna & Fadia)
Date/Time: Tuesday, August 11th, 12:30-1:30
Location: Zoom Meeting
Topic/Skill: Productive Speaking Skills
Feedback provided to the tutee: During this tutoring session, I provided feedback by listening intently to my tutee's responses to casual conversational questions, letting each response and idea fully form before correcting any errors in pronunciation, article use, grammar structures, etc. The most common form of feedback I provided was correcting overuse of articles, especially "the".
Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: During this tutoring session, I learned to improve my error correction during casual speaking exercises. At times, it can be difficult to determine when to allow a student to naturally correct themselves and whether or not to interrupt the flow of conversation to give feedback. Previously, I felt hesitant to interrupt the flow of conversation, so I ignored small mistakes. This time, I took brief notes while the student was talking, writing the error and tallying the number of times a mistake was made in a certain category (i.e., "Mistakes in article usage: IIII"). This helped me balance focusing on my tutee's most commonly made errors while allowing her to get the feel of the flow of casual conversation.
Comments
Post a Comment