Tutoring Session 08/13/26 (Anna & Fadia)
Date/Time: Thursday, August 14th, 2:30-3:30 PM
Location: Zoom Meeting
Topic/Skill: Review of Verb Tenses
Feedback provided to the tutee: During this tutoring session, I provided feedback to my tutee by explaining the reasoning behind both the correct and incorrect answers after she took a comprehensive verb tenses fill-in-the-blank quiz. I treated this quiz and feedback as rather informal, as I provided my tutee with the opportunity to reference information on any verb tense if it would aid her in answering the question. After answering each question, I ensured that my tutee understood why the correct answer was correct and why the incorrect options were incorrect.
Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: During this tutoring session, I learned the importance of focusing on the tutee's true understanding of a skill. The structure I used for this tutoring session was an effective way for me to ensure that my tutee not only chose the "best option" on a multiple-choice quiz but also fully understood the material and the necessary skills. Having material prepared that thoroughly explained each question and answer choice was also a very useful tool for me as the instructor when explaining each question.
Comments
Post a Comment